Compare and Contrast: Explicit vs. Implicit Social Nets

Explicit vs Implicit Social Nets
http://www.avc.com/a_vc/2010/02/explicit-vs-implicit-social-nets.html

"Email is the ultimate social network. If you take all the people I email with regularly, you'll quickly figure out my top relationships. Then you can build a social network out of that. And that's exactly what Google did with Buzz. But what I learned from that experience is that email is not one social network, it is many.
Many of the people that Buzz suggested I follow are people that I would never think of following on Twitter or friending on Facebook.
If you compare Google Latitude, where you broadcast your location, to Foursquare, where you explicitly checkin to a location, I think you'll agree that the explicit gesture is better."

Image source: OpenClipArt.org, public domain.

No comments:

Post a Comment