"Dear Facebook Friends, I’m De-Friending Most of You"


"Dear Facebook Friends, I’m De-Friending Most of You. For 99% of you – this means that I’m about to de-friend you from my personal account on facebook. It is nothing personal – in fact…. thats what this is all about…. my personal account on facebook does need to be personal and it is not.

My Facebook account became more and more focused around my blogging. As it did so it became less and less relevant to my real life friends and family.

I’ve decided to move all my blogging related updates purely over to my Facebook pages and return my personal account to being a purely personal one – a place where I connect with real life friends and family."

Facebook fan pages may not be a bad way to keep a community growing separate from your personal Facebook account. I use them for CasesBlog and AllergyNotes.

References:
Image source: Facebook. Wikipedia, fair use license.

No comments:

Post a Comment